Seed/Fertiliser Drill – Bednar OMEGA OO_FERTI is a versatile lightweight design seed drill with disc soil preparation that allows the sowing of various crop types with a large sow variation, both in a conventional technology system (tillage) or a minimal system with a fertiliser option. The hydraulic pressure system on the sowing coulters ensures sowing even in harsher conditions. The PSP (Precise Seed Placement) system ensures coulters place seeds at identical sowing depths over the machine‘s whole width and contour the terrain perfectly in longitudinal and transverse directions.
AGRONOMIC ADVANTAGES OF THE SEED DRILL
- Larger space between individual crops thanks to the inter-row spacing of 12.5 cm (or possibly 16.5 cm).
- Accurate seed placement, thanks to the seed coulters mounted on a parallelogram (PSP system) with high pressure. This results in uniform seed germination over the entire area of the sown plot.
- Establishment of crops in minimization technology, conventional technology or direct seeding in stubble.
- Excellent spring preparation of soil on heavier types of soil thanks to the work and excellent clods crumbling during autumn seeding all thanks to the coulter section (OO model).
- Seeding of various crops from small seeds up to corn seeds.
- Meeting agronomic deadlines thanks to high working speeds and high-capacity hoppers.
- Plant nutrition at the beginning of the vegetation period provided by the fertilisation system.
|OMEGA OO_FERTI||OO 4000 FERTI||OO 6000 FERTI|
|VOLUME OF HOPPER||l||4000||5000|
|NUMBER OF DISCS||pcs||32||48|
|SPACING OF DISCS||cm||25||25|
|INTER-ROW SPACING||cm||12.5 / 16.5||12.5 / 16.5|
|RECOMMENDED OUTPUT*||HP||130 – 180||160 – 250|
|TOTAL WEIGHT**||kg||6700 – 7500||8800 – 9600|
* depends on soil conditions
** depends on the machine accessories
Benefits that bring savings
- Quality soil preparation with a single pass, ensuring accurate establishment of the crop thanks to the individual working sections of the drill that prepare the plots in such a way that the seed coulters can perform excellent work, placing the seeds to a precisely set depth.
- High working speeds – they ensure meeting agronomic deadlines for establishment of crops. High working speeds (13–15 km/h) are possible due to the perfect stability of the drill and sophisticated seed metering.
- Possibility of work even in difficult conditions the technical design of the Omega seed drill allows work also in extreme conditions connected with high moisture, dry seasons or large amounts of crop residues on the surface.
- Reducing the number of passes the drill is able to achieve a high quality of work with a single pass. In many cases it is possible to skip some of the commonly performed field operations that are usually done before seeding.
OMEGA CAN BE USED FOR
- Establishment of crops in minimisation technologies with a larger amount of crop residues on the surface.
- Establishment of crops in conventional technology (ploughing). Possibility of seeding directly to a furrow thanks to precise levelling and reverse soil consolidation.
- Establishment of crops while seeding directly to stubble thanks to the two rows of discs.
- Trouble-free establishment of crops in heavier or moister soils thanks to the possibility of putting the working discs out of operation and using just the working coulters no clods. Enhancing the quality of soil preparation in dry conditions thanks to the simultaneous use of both discs and coulters.
- Seeding of any seeds, from small seeds up to corn seeds.
- Quality establishment of crops even in very complicated conditions. The Omega seed drill is designed even for rugged areas with a requirement for perfect contouring of the surface (PSP system).
BASIC WORKING SECTIONS
Surface flatness is the basic pre-requisite for successful crop establishment
Perfect levelling of the soil in front of the seed coulters is an important part of seeding. The soil must be levelled out even in front of the transport tyre packer, particularly if you farm on a medium-heavy or heavy type of soil. A flat surface before the tyre packer can be produced by the front paddle levelling board Crushbar or the front Frontpack.
Frontpack maintains the entire seed drill perfectly level at all times. The seed drill operates on the front Frontpack and on the transport tyre packer. This ensures maximum stability of the seed drill, with an increased ability of levelling and consolidation of soil. Thanks to operation on both packers, seed placement is of a high quality.
The front hydraulically operated paddle levelling board Crushbar levels out the initial unevenness and prepares the soil for other working sections. It is situated in front of the discs.
The front tyre packer (Frontpack) provides for excellent levelling of soil, including furrows. Furthermore, it keeps the seed drill level at all times. Frontpack consist of 710 mm tyres.
HYDRAULIC CONTROL OF THE DISC SECTION
The disc working section is hydraulically adjustable. Seeding is possible even when the disc section is not being used.
DISCS AS TRACK ERADICATORS
In the area behind the tractor wheels, the discs are adjustable. They serve as track eradicators – they loosen tractor tracks that compact the soil.
MAINTENANCE-FREE AXIAL BEARINGS
Axial ball bearings with oblique contact are closed off by two static and one dynamic cassette seals with four sealing ribs and they move within a fixed metal body.
1 – dynamic cassette seals with four ribs,
2 – metal body,
3 – static seal,
4 – four-point bearing,
5 – double seal
Maintenance-free disc working section ensures high-quality soil preparation before seed placement
Omega seed drills are equipped with two rows of discs. The discs cut up post-harvest residues and mix them with the soil and prepare the upper part of the soil profile so as to ensure that the soil is properly loosened before reverse consolidation and accurate seed placement. The discs also have a positive impact on plot levelling. The individual discs are placed independently and operate on maintenance-free bearings.
A-DISCS: New dimension of the quality of work
A specially shaped disc of 520 mm in diameter and with a 5 mm thick wall, with a significantly higher cutting and mixing effect when compared to common notched discs. Around the perimeter, at the end of the A-discs there is a large number of edges in order to easily incorporate a larger amount of crop residues. Thanks to the sharp edges, it efficiently cuts up crop residues. Furthermore, the profiled shape allows it to take a larger amount of earth from the soil compared to standard notched discs. During each profiled ascent of the disc earth is taken and brought up towards the plant mulch where it is mixed. The result is excellent.
TWIN-DISC ENSURES BETTER THROUGHPUT
The discs work in pairs on one shank. Thanks to this solution, the distance between the individual disc arms is more than (50 cm). It means more space for the passage of material through the seed drill. The seed drill can work smoothly even if there is a large amount of post-harvest residues on the surface.
Soil consolidation before seeding
The large and wide wheels (425 mm) placed in the offset system under the hopper provide for excellent compaction and levelling of soil and ensure a smooth and stable passage of the entire seed drill in a field, as well as on a road. In the event of a flat tyre, the wheel can be easily changed.
The offset arrangement of the wheels increases the throughput of soil and crop residues which reduces the rolling resistance and thus reduces the required tensile force.
SEED DRILL CONTROL AND ADJUSTMENT
EASY CONTROL INCLUDE ISOBUS
The OMEGA seed drill can be controlled via the IsoBus system. In cases where the tractor is not equipped with the IsoBus system, the seed drill can be controlled via 2 types of terminals:
CCI 200 TERMINAL (COMPATIBLE WITH ISOBUS)
- Large 8.4” display with a touch screen
- CCI.Control – fast and easy documentation and management of contracts directly in the tractor*
- CCI.Courier – fast and reliable data transfer to an office computer through a Flash disc, Blue Tooth, WIFI or GSM*
- FieldNav – easy navigation of machines to a field*
- Farmpilot – control and planning of several machines on-line using the Internet*
- CCI.Tecu – monitoring basic tractor data*
- Cci.cam monitoring the tractor surroundings with cameras*
- Weather – latest weather forecast directly in the tractor*
*Some features are available for an extra charge and might require additional equipment
- Economical alternative for the control of the seed drill and Ferti Box
- Easy and fast installation in the tractor cab
- The terminal is equipped with a 3.5” colour display
- The main functions of the seed drill can be controlled easily using the keyboard buttons
- The terminal can be used only for selected types of machines
EFFICIENT AND PRECISE METERING SYSTEM
The metering system of Omega seed drills is made of stainless-steel and powered by an electric motor equipped with a radar sensor or IsoBus signal directly from the tractor.
The metering system is able to measure out the seeds precisely within a range of 0.6 to 350 kg/ha.
The system is equipped with a release sliding plate to be able to empty the hopper completely.
Agitator for a better throughput of seeds.
Sliding plate for an easy replacement of the metering roller.
The basic model of Omega seed drills includes 2 types of metering rollers (one type for fine seeds, such as rape seeds, the other one for grains).
BEDNAR´s extended offer includes 14 types of metering rollers in total, ranging from 3.5 cm³ up to 700 cm³.
EASY AND COMFORTABLE CALIBRATION WHILE EMPTYING THE HOPPER
Calibration is performed at the rear of the seed drill (behind the seed coulters) where the piping from the metering unit is led – a very comfortable and easily accessible place for the operator.
1. press the button on the additional panel to fill up the calibration bags
2. Weigh the bags and input this figure to the terminal
In the rear part, it is also possible to comfortably empty the seeds not seeded from the hopper back to the big bags.
SWITCHING OFF HALF OF THE SEED DRILL
BEDNAR offers an option to mechanically or electronically switch off half of the seeding drill engagement. Seed drills with an option to switch off half of the engagement are equipped with two distributor heads.
Half of the seed drill can be mechanically switched off under the metering unit, blocking it manually with the sliding plate.
It is possible to switch off half of the seed drill electronically directly from the tractor cab, blocking it electronically.
With Omega seed drills, it is possible to configure several options for marking tramlines, all this based on your needs to use navigation and sprayers:
+ switching-off 2×2 tramline valves
+ switching-off 2×3 tramline valves
- PRE-EMERGENT MARKERS
+ switching-off 2×2 tramline valves
- PRE-EMERGENT MARKERS
+ switching-off 2×3 tramline valves
Seeds not seeded are automatically deducted so as to maintain high accuracy of seeding.
PRECISE SEED PLACEMENT
Conditions are not always ideal – the PSP system provides a solution
Seed placement to an accurately set depth is the basic prerequisite for uniform crop germination within the entire sown plot. If the plot is ideally prepared in advance, without crop residues and larger soil particles, and the weather is suitable, then it is relatively easy to establish the crop.
Is it possible to prepare ideal conditions for everything before seeding?
1. EACH SEED COULTER IS PLACED ON A PARALELLOGRAM
A major advantage of Omega seed drills is the placement of each seed coulter on a paralellogram.
When compared to coulters placed freely without a paralellogram, coulters placed on a paralellogram provide a much more accurate guiding of seed coulters in the soil profile.
Paralellogram placement means that the set working depth (the depth of seed placement) is observed constantly and uniformly, even in cases of diagonal unevenness of the ground.
2. V-SHAPED SEED COULTERS
Seeding units consist of two V-shaped discs, 380 mm in diameter. One of the discs overlaps the other one. This means that the groove for the seeds is created only by one of the discs.
This solution reduces the soil resistance, improves disc penetration into the soil, and creates a groove over crop residues what could be on the soil surface.
One disc covers the other one, and such overlapping of discs reduces the wear and maintains the exact depth of seeding, even if the discs show signs of some wear.
3. PERFECT CONTOURING THANKS TO THE PRESSURE ON THE SIDE FRAMES AND DIVISION OF SEED COULTER FRAMES INTO THREE PARTS
Excellent guiding of the seed drill and contouring of uneven surfaces can be achieved through:
1. Constant pressure on the side frames by the hydraulic accumulator. this ensures an even distribution of pressure on the entire working width of the seed drill.
2. Division of the frames with the seed coulters into three parts.
Adjustable tine harrowMaintenance-free bearingsRubber segmentsagainst overloadand pressureDouble-disc seed coulterwith overlapping of discsPress wheel 330×50 mmor 330×65 mmArmEach coulter is placedon a paralellogram
CENTRAL SETTING OF THE DEPTH OF SEEDING
Central setting of the depth of seeding is really easy using the ratchet mechanism.
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE BEDNAR OMEGA OO_FERTI MODEL:
- Seed drill with a robust design prepared for very challenging conditions – robust head and side frames.
- Larger working discs with a diameter of 520×5 mm able to process even a larger quantity of after-harvest residues.
- Great throughput of material through the seed drill thanks to the larger distances between the individual working sections.
- Excellent consolidation effect thanks to the weight and wide tires of the tire packer.
- Excellent accuracy of fertiliser metering thanks to the pressure hopper. Inter-row fertiliser placement by the coulters.
- Perfect contouring of the surface thanks to the seed coulters working on the parallelogram – PSP system.
- IsoBus connectivity, easy and simple operation.
The Omega OO_FERTI seed drill is a robust seed drill capable of accurate seeding and fertiliser application. The Omega OO_FERTI is recommended for difficult conditions with a significant proportion of spring crops in the seeding process (inter-row spacing of 12.5 cm or 16.5 cm variably). Crops established in spring respond very positively to accurate inter-row fertilisation. It considerably increases acceleration of the crop growth and the overall vitality of crops. Accurate fertiliser metering is important. This is ensured by the pressure hopper which, thanks to the pressure, is capable of producing exact doses, as well as high doses of fertiliser.
SEED DRILL WITH FERTILISATION
The double-chamber hopper is divided at a ratio of 60:40, with an option to select 60 seeds: 40 fertiliser or 60 fertiliser: 40 seeds. The hopper can also be used solely for seeds, e.g. for the establishment of winter crops.
Exact metering thanks to the pressure hopper
The Omega OO_Ferti seed drills feature large-capacity double-chamber pressure hoppers. Due to the fact that the hopper is closed, overpressure is created in the hopper. This technical design solution significantly increases the quality of exact fertiliser metering, even with larger doses at higher working speeds (up to 350 kg of fertiliser/ha at a working speed of 14 km/h).
Stainless-steel fertiliser metering system.
The fertiliser dose and the seed rate are independent of each other.
The entire machine can be controlled via a single terminal.
INTER-ROW FERTILISER APPLICATION
Fertiliser is metered from the pressure hopper by the stainless-steel metering unit to the application coulters (380 mm in diameter). The depth of fertiliser placement is adjustable. The coulters are designed so as to be easily passable with a spacing of 25 cm (12.5 cm inter-row spacing of seeds) and 33 cm (16.5 cm inter-row spacing of seeds).
COMBINED SEEDING (SEEDS + FERTILISER)
- Demonstrably higher yield of spring crops.
- Reduced number of passes (seeding and fertilising conducted simultaneously).
- More efficient use of nitrogen.
- Accurate placement of fertiliser to the area where the crop roots make use of it quickly.
- Fast initiation of the crop and thus shadowing weeds.